Tha Eng
Home About Us Our Programmes Prices Contact Us
About British Language
We are devoted to maintaining the quality of our teachers and the satisfaction of our students.

Thai Language with ED Visa

Learn to converse in Thai, in the comfort of a Thai atmosphere.
 We are licensed, as are our courses,  by the Thai Ministry of Education. 
According to your experience, we offer 3 levels to choose from:
Elementary Thai Course (200 hours)
Intermediate Thai Course (200 hours)
Advanced Thai Course (200 hours)

Remain in Thailand for 1 year with a Non-Immigrant ED visa
Foreign nationals, who register for our 1-year course of 200 lessons and pay the full tuition become eligible for a one year non-immigrant ED visa. Studying beyond the one year period also qualifies you to extend your visa for up to 5 years in total
Holding a multi-year ED visa
* You will not have to make visa runs for the duration of your visa's validity.
* You will enjoy studying the Thai language and culture over 200 lessons per year in an authentic Thai environment. 
Your one year Non-immigrant ED visa (student visa)
You will be permitted to stay for 90 days upon arrival in "amazing Thailand". We will provide you with the necessary paperwork needed to be able to extend your stay every 180 days (approximately) at the Phuket Immigration Office for the duration of the course.  At present, extensions cost only 1,900  each. You can enjoy studying Thai in a relaxed atmosphere, not ever having to worry about making any visa runs.
Class and Study Time for One Year
Your two hundred lessons, each 60 minutes in duration, meets the Thai Ministry of Education requirement for issuing one year Non-Immigrant ED Visa documents.
Non-Immigrant ED visa procedure
To get things rolling for you, we will need to send a request to the Thai Ministry of Education for a letter of acceptance. This will state that they will allow you to take our one year course at our school. Depending on the number of applications being processed by the ministry, it should not be longer than one month, to answering our request of acceptance. 
Your next step is to take your documents to a Thai Embassy or Consulate OUTSIDE Thailand; for instance: Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia or Singapore to obtain your Non-Immigrant ED visa. 

* However, citizens of some nationalities such as India, China, Pakistan and most Middle Eastern nations are required to apply for the ED visa in their home country. 
See detailed list below ...

Once your Non-Immigrant ED visa in your passport, you will come back to our language school on Phuket, we will send off a second letter to the Ministry of Education certifying your enrollment. This letter allows you to make 9 month extensions at the local immigration office (Phuket) for the duration of the course. 

Visa runs will NOT be required for the entire duration of the Non-Immigrant ED visa, saving you time and money. 

Furthermore, after your first year of study is complete, you may continue extending your visa at 9 month intervals for up to 5 years, as long as you continue to study with us.

* Nationalities have to apply for the ED Visa in their home country? *
(Please research yourself, if you think your country would require you to apply for your ED visa at a Thai Embassy )

* There are however some restrictions from immigration, which require citizens of the following nations to apply for the visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in their home country: India, China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Iran, and other Middle Eastern countries.

ED Visa Age Restrictions
Students aged between 12 and 99 years qualify for a 1 year Non-Immigrant ED visa. Students below 12 years of age are also welcome to study at British Language School, but, unfortunately, we are not able to obtain a Non-Immigrant ED visa for them.

In Case You Are Not in Thailand
British Language School is recognized by the Thai Ministry of Education as providing education to international students and promoting the Thai language and its' culture. We are in a position to obtain visas for people who are not in Thailand at present, but who wish to come to Thailand in order to study Thai. We can send all the required paperwork to your country. For more information, please contact us at:   Visit our website at :

Please be advised that this process may take some time, so it is recommended that you contact us at least a month before your scheduled arrival in Thailand, to ensure a smooth process.

In Case You are already in Thailand?
If you are already in Thailand on a different visa, you can apply in person. However, we advise you to apply at least 1 month  before your current visa expires in order to allow sufficient time to get everything processed by the Ministry of Education. If you wish to apply in person, please come see us at British Language School. Bring along your passport, 12 passport photos (3cm x 4cm) and tuition fee.
Required paperworks
Simply bring your passport to our school, with 12 recent passport photos (3x4cm) and the cost of the lessons. We'll take care of the rest.
What's it going to cost me?
The school fee for the classes taken and all documentation is 24,000 THB.
 The fee is the 1,900 THB immigration fee after your first 90 days in the Kingdom. Then every 3 months when you get your new visa.  The Student Visa costs 2000 Baht (60 USD, 40 EUR - subject to change) paid to the Thai embassy or consulate.  The tuition fee is not included in these fees.

80/1 Moo 5, T.Visit A. Muang Phuket (Phanason Resident) 83000
Tel. 076- 393 728 Fax. 076- 393 728 Mobile : 086 686 6968, 086-6077493
E-mail:, Website :

Copyright2005,, All rights reserved. | Design by Phuket Solution